Sunday, August 22, 2004

Birthday Party !!!

On wednesday 25th August it's my Birthday!

I would like to invite all you blog readers who are volunteers in Athens and also all others who are "accidentally" in Athens to my birthday party at the Holland Heineken House. There will be a performance of a Dutch band called Soulvation and DJ Marky will spin the wheels as usually with his mix of whatever he can find in his collection. For all you non Dutch people the HHH is in Zappeion Gardens, 105 57 Athens. Come early please, after 22.00 it gets very hard to get in and bring your passport too! For the Greek that means 21.00 as you always arrive an hour later then you have planned... ;-)

Yesterday I had already a little bit of a birthday present, just before Inge de Bruin won her gold medal, I met her on my parking, I took a picture and just before she went into the bus I wished her good luck! Maybe that helped a little bit to get her to the GOLD !!!

The HHH yesterday was one big celebration for Inge and Pieter Jan. Great to see 3.000 Dutch fans cheering for these Athletes and Erica Terpstra (president of the Dutch Olympic Committee) who presented a picture to them live in front of Dutch television. Our own president JP (also known as Harry Potter) was also in the house, his popularity is way below zero maybe they should make Erica president of our country.

Well it's way above 40 degrees today and today will be my first day on Da Beach, I got a tan but this is more a Bas Vankan (not so famous Dutch cycler) tan as my arms, part of my legs and my face is are like a brownie but the rest of my body has got a very Brittish color.

Rene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday René.

I wish you all the best on your 22 birhday.

Greating from ......