Friday, August 20, 2004

Don't Drink and Drive

Yesterday was one of those days that writing a book may be easier then just drop a blog.

After a visit to the internet cafe we took a cab to the station, the driver seemed to be OK, but already after a few meters driving we saw the bottle of vodka and noticed that the driver was drunk as hell. Driving here in Athens is somehow suicide already but with this driver it was a nightmare. The guy tried to speak some kind of a hand language and didn't use his steering wheel. He stopped sometimes suddenly (why we not know) and after Roberto suggested we might reach our destination faster when he would drive, he hit the gas again and screamed "I am Schumacher". I was on the backseat and had tears in my eyes of laughing. Roberto didn't feel comfortable as he was sitting in the front (in a car without airbag). The guy even stopped alongside a police car and started screaming at them, this guy was totally nuts.

The basketball was amazing, it's not the Dream Team but the Americans know what to do with a ball that's for sure. They were behind till the fourth quarter and it looked like the Aussies would win the match, but then the show started with Slam Dunks and Alley Hoops, and they won, amazing.

We decided to visit the Holland Heineken House again and that was a good idea. They celebrated the silver of Mia Audina, her husband came on stage and sang a great gospel song, the crowd went crazy.

After a few beers I even met the major from Da Bush again, as he is doing his job during daytime and I can claim to rule the city of Da Bush at night, I decided to let Roberto take a picture of us both. The guy was surprised and didn't really laugh about the joke of Da Bush (I actually don't like him too much because of what happened with the riots in Da Bush a couple of years ago, when some hooligans decided to have huge fights for a couple of days and he went to a classical concert as if nothing was happening). Well who cares, me and the major are friends again.

Roberto decided to leave a bit earlier than I and took my key, when arriving home (don't ask me the time) he didn't pick up his phone, so there I was, in the middle of Athens, homeless. After screaming awake the entire neighbourhood and even trying to throw little things into the open window, a guy came and entered the building. After ringing the doorbell for like two minutes Roberto decided to let me in. Pfew that saved my day.

My parking activities got a boost today as our own WA (Mini, from Mini and Maxima) announced on television yesterday that the transport of the players is better then in Atlanta and Sidney, thank you WA, it's my pleasure. I saw Willem during a hockey game, really funny, everybody of the orange army screams "Willem zwaaien" and then he gets up and waves to the crowd.

Sports is the most fantastic thing over here, as the hockey ladies are doing very well I decided to buy tickets for the finals today. The 26th will be the magic moment, let's hope they win gold then I will go nuts!!

I'm now going to prepare my birthday party. My birthday is the 25th August and I have decided to create some invitations and invite every beautiful women in the city for my party in the Heineken Holland House. When nobody shows up I will think like Pieter vd H after not qualifying for the 50 meters, I have gold at home and if nobody shows up for this short distance run, BOEJUH !!

The next part is only for my girlfriend who is travelling Thailand at the
moment:

Hoi poepie,

Trek je maar niks aan van die laatste regels, meen het allemaal niet maarja je moet op zo'n blog natuurlijk mensen ook amuseren, en dan is zo'n regeltje natuurlijk altijd leuk. Ik hoop dat jullie een super tijd hebben in Thailand en verheug me waanzinnig om je weer te zien !!!

Dikke kus


Rene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucky is your girlfriend.