Monday, August 16, 2004

Tostie rules

Well yesterday I had a day off, probably you noticed a few athletes not showing up for their game but I can't co-ordinate the parking 24 hours a day.

Roberto introduced me in the beautiful game of Baseball, we saw a great match of Holland against Greece. We WON!! I didn't know Baseball was such a great sport to watch, a lot of tactics are included in the game. I even saw two homeruns!! After the victory we started singing the well known "wat zijn die grieken stil".

Tiesto was playing in the Heineken Holland House during our game, but as we knew he also would play in Venue we went to this really beautiful club at Da Beach. After a little bit of a struggle we ended on the VIP deck (I had arranged already the guest list when I was in Holland, but here this means you have to pay entrance fee but you are allowed entrance to the VIP).

I am not going to talk again about the female population on the VIP deck this can not be described via a blog. Tiesto arrived behind the decks and the venue was already packed (3000 people) and the crowd went wild. I have never seen a crowd who knows to party that well as the Greeks, from record one till the needle was taken of the record three hours later the party was on. Tiesto may be a huge DJ in Holland but isn't always treated like that, here he is a God. I can't describe what we saw, but I hope Roberto get's his pictures as soon as possible online so you all can enjoy. To see a person from your own country drive a crowd of thousands crazy is really great !!

Because of our nightly adventure I have decided to volunteer for a day off today. Tomorrow I will go to my spot again. Normally they forget to put the music on at the parking, so as a sort of standard I first look for Micheal who then arranges the music (always the same CD of Bob Marley but that is cool). I am looking forward to see the athletes which I know by face a little bit better then in the beginning. Mia has made the semi finals!!

Funny thing is that I can't remember the names, I met and talked to a Greek weightlifter and according to all the others he was the best in the world, but I didn't remember his name. When we were walking into the metro station Roberto pointed to a huge advertisement of Adidas and asked me if he was the one I saw. That was him! Nice of those Greek people to help me a little bit.

That's it for know, check the Venue Website for any pictures of Tiesto (and to take a look how great the place is).

Rene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

While at the H-H-H, keep an eye on my WA...

kisses,
Maxima.

Blanko Kanu said...

Yo Max,

WA is behaving as a true gentlemen.
Next week dinner in my place?

X

Roberto