Sunday, August 15, 2004

What you see is what I get

Greetings my friends from the king of the parking.

It's amazing to see all those athletes which I helped on the bus were walking the ceremony. I even recognised some of them. I have given myself a promotion, I am not only helping the Athletes I also do the entertainment while their waiting. Some of them don't like to talk but most of them prefer a nice little chat before they go to the venue.

Yesterday I spoke a little Dutch girl, afterwards Roberto explained to me it was Mia Audina or something and today she is in the quarter finales of badminton. Funny !!

There are 20 or something volunteers working on the parking and when a women's team arrives all the male volunteers gather and try to do their best to leave them outside the bus as long as possible. Waterpolo (canadian women team) has become my favorite till know. My colleague is totally fan of "Inje de Broein" (he even is considering moving to Holland because of her if I promise him all girls in Holland have the same body), I had to disappoint him, such well trained bodies are not common (unfortunately).

Yesterday the first game, Beach Volleyball, don't know if Roberto is already typing something about this in our blog but this was great. There are dancing girls, and then girls who are dancing, after that there are some girls who do a little bit of dancing and oh yeah sometimes there are a few boys or girls who play beach volleyball but to be honest that disturbs a little bit the game of the girls dancing.



Today we are going to watch Baseball, Netherlands against Greece, the Greece have seem to convince a bunch of Americans to become Greek so it's not really a Greek team and the Dutch team is almost totally from the Roberto country. But this doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I am going to write a letter to Mr. Heineken (or Miss Heineken as it is now a days) and tell her to change the name of the Heineken Holland House into the Heineken Hockey House. This place looks very familiar to me as I sometimes go to the Hockey cantina in Da Bush, amazing, the same people doing the same (....) things. Yesterday I saw the mayor of Da Bush and that was too much for me. I left the place crying on Roberto's shoulder.

I can tell much more stories, but as you already have experienced, Roberto is much more of a blogger then I am so I will leave him the juicy stuff.

It's great here, the Olympics, the participation as a volunteer, the venues, the Athletes (no need to say which gender), the matches we are going to watch and the beach volleyball girls. It sounds all to good to be true, but believe me, what you see is what we get. Well... apart from the beach volleyball cheerleaders, which are not shown on television. That would make the transmission inappropriate for minors.

Rene

No comments: